All the straightforward connectors now have ant build scripts, so I'm starting
work on the nastier ones.

Meridio is the nastiest of the web-service-based connectors.  It's nasty for
two reasons:

(a) it depends on wsdls and xsds whose rights to redistribute have been
explicitly declined by Autonomy (Meridio's owner), and
(b) even if you have these wsdls and xsds available to you, they required hand modification in order to work properly with axis and castor.

When the software grant was done, MetaCarta attempted to address these problems by specifying a process for obtaining and modifying the wsdls. This process, however, requires not only a properly-installed Meridio instance of the right version (5.0 SP1, I believe), but also use of Microsoft's xmlpatch/xmldiff utility, which I believe is only available as an .exe on Windows.

My strategy, therefore, for dealing with this connector seems to be either:
(1) Locate or write an equivalent xmlpatch/xmldiff utility in the java world, and incorporate the patch/diff process in the build, or (2) Do all the work to pre-generate the java stubs using castor and axis for the Meridio web services, and check in those stub classes.

I know we had this discussion before vis-a-vis the SharePoint connector, but the lack of an xmldiff utility throws and additional difficulty in the way for this connector. Please advise.