Mark Miller wrote:
On 03/05/2010 09:47 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
On Mar 4, 2010, at 12:31 PM, Karl Wright wrote:

Folks seem to think this page is a good way to start:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LogoContest
Do we have sponsors for such a thing?

When I referred to that page, I was pointing more towards the guidelines for a logo rather than the contest itself. And not every project has followed those guidelines, but apparently they are what Apache would like.

well, not one of our current submissions adheres to the guidelines as they are laid out in your reference - and I think we're going to need adherence, in large part. So I think we're going to have to ask for resubmissions, and we're going to want a guideline document in place prior to that. As far as the mechanism for soliciting submissions/resubmissions, I don't really care - but Grant is correct that we have no sponsors, so it clearly isn't going to be a *paid* contest...