To all you lurking Solr committers out there,

I would like to throw some cycles towards at least getting Solr-style unit
tests set up for LCF, running under Junit or something like it.  My thoughts
were as follows:

(1)     We presume a blank, already-installed version of Postgresql, configured
to listen on port 5432, with a standard superuser name and password;
(2)     We do not attempt to test the UI at this time, because that would
involve presuming an app server was installed, and would also require me to
port my "simple browser simulator" from python to Java.  Or maybe we can do
this later?
(3)     The filesystem connector only would be used by the core tests.

The question is, does this fit well with the Solr testing infrastructure?  Is
there a document describing that infrastructure and how to most effectively
write tests for it?  What are the standard pre/post-test cleanup semantics for
the Solr tests, for instance?  (The MetaCarta tests do a "preclean" stage,
which removes any crap leftover from a previous failure of the same test, for
instance, and also always clean up after themselves upon success.)

I know the projects are quite different, but if I understand the assumptions
and the "how to's" for Solr, it will help me enormously I think...

Thanks,