From: <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 6:45 AM
To: <connectors-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Some more thoughts on a classloader plug-in style architecture

It occurred to me that a classloader plug-in reader for LCF would not achieve the goal of allowing a fully prebuilt LCF with connector add-ons. The reason, which should have been obvious from the beginning, is because each connector consists not only of the Java implementation, but also a UI component. The UI component will need a mechanism similar to the classloader one in order for everything to work.

It is possible, I suppose, for precompiled JSP's to be class-loaded instead of uncompiled JSP's in the lcf-crawler-ui.war file. However this is going to require some care and finesse (and example build.xml files) to get it to work properly.