We could put "CF" on the end of each of the original short names and re-vote them... but don't do that unless somebody "seconds" that approach.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: "Karl Wright" <daddy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 2:33 PM
To: "connectors-dev" <connectors-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: [VOTE] Pick either Apache Connectors Framework or Apache ManifoldCF

Grant's feedback from the board is that ACF would likely not be
blocked, but is indeed too broad.

Based on the popularity of Apache Manifold the last time 'round, but
the concern that Manifold is indeed a registered trademark, Grant
proposes that we consider changing the name from Apache Connectors
Framework to Apache ManifoldCF.  I'd like a vote of those who think
this is a good idea.

Vote +1 if you want this project to become Apache ManifoldCF, or -1 if
you want to keep the current name Apache Connectors Framework.