That is roughly the usage I would expect. As far as a book title, tough call. There is the length issue. If somebody already knows of ManifoldCF, "Apache ManifoldCF in Action" makes sense, but "Apache Manifold Connectors Framework in Action" is a bit more descriptive.

Bottom line, a name with three basic, core variations: "ManifoldCF", "MCF", "Manifold Connectors Framework".

-- Jack Krupansky

From: "Karl Wright" <daddy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:04 PM
To: <connectors-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Rename Apache Connectors Framework to ManifoldCF

If this is adopted, I'm thinking we could use it in the following ways:

Abbreviation: "MCF"
Short name: "ManifoldCF"
Qualified short name: "Apache ManifoldCF"
Fully qualified and unabbreviated name: "the Apache Manifold
Connectors Framework"

I'm not quite sure what the world will think of that last usage, since
it does not contain the trademark.  Then again, neither does the
abbreviation.  But I'm not sure I'd dare make the book title be
"Apache Manifold Connectors Framework in Action".  It would probably
need to be "Apache ManifoldCF in Action", or just "ManifoldCF in
Action".

Grant, you wrote a book.  What do you think?  Which title should be used?

Karl

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Jack Krupansky