Part of the problem, for me, is learning what the issues are with
Maven that maven developers will find problematic.

One of the problems we're going to have is that the Maven central
repository simply cannot provide the proprietary building materials
for the connectors that need them, for instance Livelink and
Documentum.  These materials will always need to be pushed into a
local repository, and it is also true that conditional compilation
will also always be required, since any one builder will not have
access to all proprietary libraries.  Anyone have a good Maven
solution to that?

Karl