Hi,

ManifoldCF is Apache licensed.  Apache projects cannot redistribute
GPL jars, but that is not a problem, because we probably do not need
to.  What we usually do in such cases is download the dependencies at
build time, either automatically through the maven build, or by using
the "ant download-dependencies" target.  For JDBC drivers that are
used by the core database layers, luckily they are loaded via
reflection so that lack of a driver will not prevent the build from
completing, although the user will need to download the driver and
build if they intend to use that driver.

The standard tag library stuff is more problematic it that does not
have redistribution license acceptable for Apache, but I believe the
glassfish stuff is acceptable.  I will verify and get back to you.

The i18n issues, as I said before, are not trivial, and may well
require several iterations to get right.  Tab names are just one
aspect of it.  This is one reason I wanted to separate any i18n
contribution from the database contribution.

Thanks,
Karl