If I add the following URL into my seeds list:
http://www.uio.no
and this into the "include in crawl" list:
http://www.uio.no/.*
the job will just end shortly after it starts without fetching anything at all. If I add the missing trailing slash into my seeds url list (http://www.uio.no/), it works as it should.

I also discovered another similar behaviour. If I add the following into my seeds list:
www.uio.no
select the "include only hosts matching seeds?" option and do not add anything into the "include in crawl", the same thing happen. No URLs will be fetched.

I suggest that we do something like this:
- A URL in the Java code will always start with "http(s)://www.myhost.com/
- If you fail to add the protocol or the trailing slash, it will be added automatically instead of returning an error message.

By "in the Java code", I mean that it should automatically be formatted like this before we do a regular expression match.

Erlend

--
Erlend Garåsen
University of Oslo