Folks,

When doing the dependency rework, it became clear that many of our
binary dependencies are "stuck" without fixes or upgrades because we
are still using jdk 1.5.  I'd like to get a sense from the community
whether everyone thinks we should abandon support for jdk1.5 in our
next release.  The "pros" of such a move include allowing us to
upgrade to jetty 7 (which brings in a number of bug fixes), tomcat 7
components, and off-the-shelf hsqldb builds.  I cannot at this time
identify any obvious "cons".  Please let me know your opinion.  +1 to
upgrade, from me.

Thanks,