Thanks!! Seems from your explanation that i can update same documents other
field values. I inquired about this because I have two different document
with a parent-child relationship which needs to be indexed as one document
in lucene index.

As you must have understood by now that i am trying to do this for
Documentum CMS. I have seen the configuration screen for setting the
Content length & second for filtering document type. So my question is what
unit the Content length accepts values (bit,bytes,KB,MB etc) & whether this
configuration set the lengths for documents full text indexing ?.

Additionally to scan only one kind of document e.g PDF what should be added
to filter those documents? is it application/pdf OR PDF ?

Regards
Anupam