On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Marcel Holtmann<mar...@holtmann.org> wrote:
> Hi Jukka,
>
>> the following patch allows service element to get information about
>> the related network. I created a custom storage plugin that updates
>> the wifi information (like passphrase) in plugins service_load()
>> method. This cannot be done if the service element cannot access the
>> network data.
>
> I prefer not to do this and better fix it a different way. What kind of
> information do you need from struct network? If we can fix this in a
> better way, I prefer to do that. If not then we have to opt for your
> patch and work on something.

I would need SSID information so that I can fetch passphrase from
gconf (where it is stored in maemo) and put passphrase info to
network.wifi struct.
First I tried to use the storage plugins network_load func but at that
stage the SSID information is not yet known. The optimal solution
would be that SSID is available when network_load is called.

> With the passphrase we do set it when actually trying to connect to the
> network. No need to set it any earlier.

But it should not harm if the passphrase is pre-set to those networks
that are known.

> And your mailer introduced line-breaks into your patch. So it won't even
> apply cleanly.

Ok, I have to figure it out.

Jukka