Hi Ying-An,

> I am adding static ip setting in Carrick so that people can use static ip on
> netbook.
>
> Here I got some problem:  I failed to read out either wired or wireless
> connection with its ipv4 properties, as ip address, network mask or gateway
> when it is not in connected state. Only when that connection is established,
> I can read out those values through the API exposed by connMan0.52.
>
> I think it is not friendly enough for end users to be not able to see
> concurrent ip settings (as address, netmask and gateway) before they are
> trying to make a change, as what they used to do on Windows 7 or Redhat.
> Could you give some comments upon?

so the IPv4 property is only valid when connected. If you are not
connected, what do you expect to see there.

The IPv4.Configuration property is for the settings that the user
chooses. While the user can choose Method=dhcp here, but then IPv4
property will also tell you the actual assigned IP address etc.

>From a pure configuration UI point of view, you should only be using
IPv4.Configuration and use these values. They represent the users
choice. If you then additionally wanna present the current configuration
you have to look at IPv4. In a lot of cases they might be identical, but
certainly that is not a requirement in all cases.

Regards

Marcel