On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 10:37 +0200, ext Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> I am not signing up for confusing the end user. If it is more than
> username and password, it will not be exposed by the UI.

Unfortunately I'm in the same camp as Kalle disagreeing on this one.
Setting up WPA Enterprise WLANs must be possible even for the end user.
In addition to the normal password dialogs also GTC and MSCHAP password
changing need a variant of their own. Certificates, whether provisioned
or not, may expire without the user's consent. In crappy cases the user
needs to choose whether to trust an expired certificate or not to
connect at all. It's not a nice scenario, but one that unfortunately
exists in too many places as WPA Enterprise is used in places without
decent administration.

> They can have done that in the past this way as much as they want, now
> it is time to change this. If this means an extra setup tool for
> creating WPA Enterprise configuration, so be it.

That tool will be part of the IP connectivity UI on some platforms. If
the output needs to be XML, that's not a problem. UIs for e.g. MeeGo
Netbooks can keep this simple and rely on pre-provisioning, but in other
devices more features in the agent interfaces are needed. We'll propose
something sensible when we get that far with MeeGo Handset.

Cheers,

        Patrik