Hi,
I noticed that with the latest connman git version Broadcom's
proprietary wl driver is detected as an ethernet device, not a wifi
device. This was working few weeks back and my main suspect is the udev
removal.

[Raghu]: I too met with this some time back. Assuming you enbled wifi during
compilation, following was the issue in my case.
When I killed connman. for some reason plugins directory
(/usr/lib/connman/plugins/*) was getting deleted. So next time when I
started connman it started without throwing any error. Because of
this connman detected wifi interface as ethernet interface and all wifi
functionalities were disabled for the interface.

So you better check once whether you have /usr/lib/connman/plugins/*.
Otherwise reinstall and try.

--
Kalle Valo