Hi Samuel,

> > I needed some clarification on the connman technology states. I have put
> > down what I understand from the code (and some testing), please correct me
> > if I am wrong.
> >
> > 1. If there is no Technology driver and no devices then connman won't list
> > such a technology.
> A technology is created when a device is added to the system. So for example,
> if there are no wifi devices, the wifi technology is not listed.
> It is not related to the technology driver.

a technology is also created if we have an RFKILL switch for that
technology, but no device.

This can happen with Bluetooth for example. You see a platform RFKILL
switch, but the device will only appear later when RFKILL is unblocked.

> > 2. Meaning of states :
> >
> > OFFLINE         = Technology driver is Not available but Devices are
> > available(detected via kill switch/rtnl).
> If a device is detected (via rtnl), and a device driver for this device type
> is registered, the the technology will be created (with initial OFFLINE
> state), and then move to AVAILABLE.
> If the device is removed, then the technology will be put back to OFFLINE. So,
> and OFFLINE technology is essentially a technology with no devices attached to
> it.
>

> > BLOCKED       = Technology driver is available and Devices are rfkilled
> > (device is detected via kill switch).
> True, except the technolgy driver is not related to it.

I think BLOCKED and OFFLINE should be the same. I don't think we need
BLOCKED at all.

Regards

Marcel