Hi Marcel,

On 09/05/2011 01:04 PM, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
Hi Jukka,

note this file needs to be owned by root when valgrind is run
by root so change the owner of the file to root when valgrinding connman.

  .valgrindrc |    3 +++
  create mode 100644 .valgrindrc

I am not a big fan of putting a hidden file with special permission into
the tree. All my security alarm bells go one ;)

Valgrind reads the commands from ./.valgrindrc file if it exists.
Valgrind has a security feature that this config file needs to be owned by the user who is running it (meaning root in this context). User needs to set the ownership of this .valgrindrc file to root manually. If user does not want to do that then that file is ignored by valgrind.
There should not be any security implications here :)

Can we just put some instructions into doc/ directory instead.

We can safely ignore this file if necessary. It just makes life a bit easier by using a suppression file automagically.

Regards

Marcel

Jukka