Hi Jukka,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Jukka Rissanen
<jukka.rissa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> On 11 July 2012 18:23, Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demar...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
>> Letting systemd daemonize connmand, as we are already doing, there's no
>> need to have an option "-n" since it will work for both debugging and
>> running it as a daemon. Therefore, just remove the option.
>>
>> Other init systems may use whatever method they have to turn connmand into a
>> daemon.
>
> You are breaking an API by removing an option, now connman will not
> start if user supplies -n option.

humn?  Command line parameters are part of an API?

We provide script to start with systemd, and that is updated as well.

> Anyway, I do not see much point removing functionality that is useful
> when systemd is not being used. So NACK from me.

The point here is simplification... there's no point in dealing with
this today - whatever init is starting connmand can turn it into a
daemon. And if doesn't have native support for this (I really hope all
init implementations have), it could use helper programs.

Lucas De Marchi