Hi Arron,

> some device want to support wifi open tethering network type
> our ConnMan already supported, just not export the API, I also
> not sure whether we force the user to use encrypied wifi network
> for security consideration

I am strictly against providing anything else than a WPA2 encrypted
Hotspot. It is an extremely bad idea to let the user configure a Hotspot
without password.

So yes, we force the user to have a passphrase. That is 100% intentional
and has been spelled out clearly 2 years ago when we added Tethering
support to ConnMan.

Same as we do required Bluetooth authentication and authorization before
Tethering over Bluetooth can be used.

The one thing we have not done yet is setting the friendly name
automatically from something like hostnamed (from systemd).

Regards

Marcel