Thanks Jeff and Patrik.

I was missing the main.conf file. After adding it as per your suggestions
its working.
As suggested by Patrik i have set
PreferredTechnologies = ethernet
SingleConnectedTechnology = false
in main.conf

First impression is that it works.
But i am facing a really weird issue that the /dev/null device gets deleted
when the lan cable is plugged out. When the lan cable is plugged in a
regular file named /dev/null is created which also vanishes after a while,
then it reappears again after some time as a regular file and finally
vanishes again, never to return. Then again if i unplug the lan cable and
plug it back in the same vanishing act takes place, i.e. it appears as a
regular file -> dissapears -> reappears -> dissapears.

I am not sure what to make of this.

If i stop connman, and use ifconfig to configure the lan interface the same
thing happens. So it should have something to do with connman. A bug in the
kernel maybe??? I you guys have any ideas please share..

Thanks and Regards
~Sameer