From: Isaac Goodrich
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:20 PM
To: Thomas Green
Subject: Strange Enterprise bug

When re-connecting to an Enterprise network after previously being connected to
it, there is an occasional failure to re-connect. If you try to re-connect
again, there is a prompt for credentials. If bad credentials are given, it
appears as though connection was successful and the status shows online, but
network connectivity is not present.

1.       Successfully connect to Enterprise network

2.       Disconnect

3.       Re-connect

4.       Repeat steps 2-3 until "Operation aborted" error occurs. Seems to
occur when the re-connect is done too quickly after disconnecting.

5.       Try to re-connect (this time, you are prompted for username and
password)

6.       Enter invalid credentials

When this happens, there is no failure given and it appears as though it was
successful. The status shows online. The problem is that there is not a
connection. There is no IP address and DNS requests don't come back. At this
point, if I disconnect from the network and re-connect, things are successful
again and there is a connection. This means that the original good credentials,
which were cached, are still being used on subsequent connection attempts
during the session.

I can't think of what would cause the problem on the connection attempt when
entering bad credentials after an "operation aborted" error. The AP does not
return a failure, so that seems to indicate that the cached good credentials
are being sent, which also explains Connman not returning an error. Something
causes Internet not to work in this scenario. My opinion is that to fix the
issue, the cached credentials should be deleted after a failure to connect, so
that the new credentials that are entered are the ones that get sent.

Isaac Goodrich
Software Engineer in Test - nVP
Sorenson Communications

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or
previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential and
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If
you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by
e-mail at igoodr...@sorenson.com<mailto:gbeckm...@sorenson.com> and destroy the
original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
to disk.