> If you want to utilize connman and connman-vpnd in this setup, then
> openvpn must be started by connman-vpnd. openvpn does not have > > any
APIs
> for on the fly run-time configuration. In order for connman-vpnd to be
> able to control openvpn, connman-vpnd needs to be the one that starts
> and stops openvpn.

Seems you didn't understand me. I was explaining my SERVER configuration.
It works OK.
I have problems with my CLIENT configuration where I have connman and
openvpn installed.

Again:

There is an issue when openvpn server restarts while client is been
connected to it: client doesn't update its VPN IP address.

In other words, when vpn server changes client's IP, client still uses its
old IP.  Client uses connman, connman-vpn and openvpn. Connection is
established using "vpn-connect" script.
The problem is on client side.

Steps to reproduce:
1) In openvpn server config add "ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt" option.
2) Create ipp.txt file and define recommended IP for the client in a
following way:
myclient,10.10.10.23
3) Start VPN server.
3) Establish VPN connection on client using "vpn-connect" script.
4) Stop VPN server.
5) Change IP for client in ipp.txt file:
myclient,10.10.10.44
6) Start VPN server.
7) Wait for VPN connection is established on client and check IP of vpn
interface.

Expected results:
Interface gets new IP 10.10.10.44.

Actual results: