Hi,

I am using connman v1.21 and have few observation and queries to be clarified.
Could you please have look at it and clarify my queries.

1.    Connman is used to manage wifi, Ethernet & usb gadget technologies in our
linux based system.  With these configuration, connman detects services for
each technologies as

*AR Wired                ethernet_1eed19271ab3_cable
*A  Wired                ethernet_0250316b6462_cable
*   ASUS_2.4G            wifi_00025b112321_415355535f322e3447_managed_none

ethernet_1eed19271ab3_cable - corresponds to Ethernet port eth0
ethernet_0250316b6462_cable - corresponds to USB gadget usb1

I assigned IP address to Ethernet port by using ifconfig.

connman is not able to automatically assign IP address for
ethernet_0250316b6462_cable service unless I remove the Ethernet cable from my
device. But at the same time with Ethernet port connect, I am able to use the
connmanctl and able to connect to usb1 interface.

Is connman supports multiple Ethernet services at a time?
Why it is not able to assign IP address when already Ethernet port is connected?

Is there a differentiation between Ethernet & usb gadget technologies ? why usb
gadget is identified as Ethernet service?

2.    When Ethernet cable is connected but there is no interface connection, I
am able to connect to wifi network which has internet connection. But internet
connection is not working for wifi connection, still connman trying to use the
Ethernet for internet connection. Is this the expected behavior and how connman
works when there is multiple connections available?

3.    I also did another analysis where we have connman to manage only our wifi
network. Other technologies are disabled in the connman settings.

I use system dhclient to obtain the IP address for other technologies like
usb1. In this case when wifi network is connected, I am not able to obtain the
IP address for my usb gadget interface (usb1) which uses system dhclient to
assign the IP address.

Questions:
Is it possible to run connman & system dhclient in parallel?
Is there a way to configure connman to use the external system dhclient instead
of its own implementation?

Basically I want to use connman only for wifi technologies and control other
technologies by our system application. Is it possible? If yes how this can be
configured in connman?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Ponniah Natarajan.