Hi,

FallBackNameserver are used only if you don't have any other dns from
>>other connection like 3g. Correct?
>

>That's correct, but it is also used by default (if present) as the dns
>settings when tethering.
>Have a look at src/tethering.c from line 234 to 261

I was thinking that it's only used if the list is empty

There is no check done if any nameservers list is empty or not. In tethering, it does not care directly about it: it only cares about the dnsproxy and this FallbackNameservers.

If your connection(s) have nameservers or not, as long as you use the dnsproxy, this one will be the primary ns. Note that if no services have set nameserves and if FallbackNameservers
is set: dnsproxy will use this later one transparently.

In case of Andrea, since dnsproxy is disabled, it's mandatory to set FallbackNameservers
to get the ns set for tethering.

Tomasz