On 11/03/2014 11:24 PM, David Lechner wrote:
This fixes a crash that was introduced in commit
6f6927236fc35429eecb1b1459ea5e20ab667db8. It is possible for the role
to be NULL, which caused a crash in strcmp.
Just a little more background... I pushed out my Bluetooth GN/PANU patch to a wider audience and immediately found a crash.

When pairing a device running connman to Windows 7 using the built-in Microsoft bluetooth stack, it caused connman to crash. It turns out Win7 provides the PANU profile and apparently it connects a little differently than the others. This led to a path where we had NULL as an argument for strcmp which of course caused a SEGV.