Tim,

No, this isn't actually recoverable, and it isn't something that Connman
should attempt to work around (I'm not even certain that a userland
application could fix this issue, even if you wanted to).

What's happening here is that the Wi-Fi driver is erroneously sending data
frames to the wireless AP before it's fully authenticated to the network.
This is an illegal mode of operation.  The Wi-Fi driver is supposed to
buffer any data and hold off transmission until it's authenticated, or drop
the data and let the upper layers handle retransmission (upper layers being
the IP stack in the kernel, or the application layer, depending).

When the wireless AP gets a data frame from an unauthenticated/unauthorized
client, it's allowed to deauth it.

Now, one could potentially argue that the AP should realize it has an
in-progress authentication happening with that client, and it could
probably safely ignore the data frames and let the auth finish and assume
that the client should retransmit, but that may be a fuzzy area of the
802.11 spec - I'm honestly not sure.

What I do know is that the AP is perfectly within its rights to
deauthenticate a client that isn't fully associated.  It's the Wi-Fi
driver's responsibility to properly manage its state and not forward data
frames until it has a valid association.

It's also important to realize that the data frames being sent might not be
due to something your application is doing - but rather, any subsystem
above the driver that wants to send network traffic could trigger this.

You might want to see if there's a newer version of the driver available,
or a patch to fix this particular issue.