Hi,

> For our automotive embedded project , we are trying to use ConnMan to take
> care of all the basic networking.
>
> Does ConnMan API support Active scan & Passive scan?
>
> Would that be possible to execute only Active scan?

ConnMan itself does not run any scan, it requests wpa_supplicant to do so.
And it actually requests active or passive scan depending on the context:

On the Scan() method it exposes through Technology API:

- if there is no known networks configured, it will do only passive scans
- if there is 1+ known networks configured, it will first do an active
scan on the last
connected one, and then a passive scan. Exception: if there is known hidden
networks, it will do an active scan for those before the passive one.

There are also behaviors on automatic scans for which I don't give
details here.

Afaik we don't plan to add parameters to Scan() to it would be possible
for the user
to do a specific active scan. Scanning policies are already quite
complicated, to fit
all uses-cases, proposing such feature would just bring a bit of this
complexity above
ConnMan. This would go against the idea, where ConnMan is here to
simplify such
things for the user and not just wrap wifi features in an API.

Br,

Tomasz