Hi,

we are using connman with a hidden network which actually works, but there occurs the following strange behavior: Connman finds the hidden network only by chance, so if we start the system, connman may or may not connect. If we run "connmanctl services" the non-hidden networks are always found, and even the hidden network is displayed if (and only if) connman connected to it.

If connman haven't connected to it, connman just does nothing until we scan explicitly for the network by using the following command:
# iwlist wlan0 scanning essid myHiddenNetwork

Actually, sometimes we have to scan multiple times with the upper command.
So if (and only if) the following command has an output, connman connects to the network immediately:
# iwlist wlan0 scanning essid myHiddenNetwork | grep myHiddenNetwork

We think that this is NOT a bug of connman, but some strange effect of our infrastructure.
So our question is:
Is there a way to tell connman to permanently scan for hidden networks, until it is connected?

Kind regards,
Timo

--

Timo Korthals, M.Sc.