Hi,

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 06:56 +0000, Adam Moore wrote:
> I also tested against 1.28.  The submitted patch was a diff from master
> though.
> -Adam
>
> On 5/11/15, 8:24 AM, "Aron Rosenberg" <a...@aether.com> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 12:44 AM, Patrik Flykt
> ><patrik.fl...@linux.intel.com
> >> wrote:
> >

> >> This function is called when an IP configuration changes. As there is no
> >> socket open to the timeserver, the next time a timeserver is contacted
> >> the new IP address will be used. Which version/commit of ConnMan was
> >> used for this patch?
> >>
> >> When the default service is changed from one service to another, that is
> >> handled as before with the 'default_changed' function.
> >>

> >I have tested this patch against 1.28 when combined with the patch for
> >"service: set routes only for same family-type" from
> >https://lists.connman.net/pipermail/connman/2015-March/018934.html with
> >customer connections in the field - Those folks have dual ipv4/6 setups
> >where the dhcp6 responds first with no namerserver records. Without this,
> >timeserver start would bail and never retry due to the check for any
> >namerserver records.

The patch adds a bit of duct tape on the problem. It works because IPv4
and IPv6 are set at different times, but timeservers were set only once
when the default changed. If at that point, as you both have noticed,
nameservers are not set correctly, timeservers will be consumed until
the other IP protocol are set, whereby the patch above re-sets the
timeserver lookup. This time nameservers happen to be set, and all
works.

Fixing nameservers to behave properly is ongoing in git right now with
an additional patch on the mailing list fixing a remaining issue
discovered. As we have a rolling release ConnMan, there will be no
backports to older versions. But that should not be a problem; as you
can cherry-pick a patch, you surely have a test suite to verify that it
all works after applying a patch so that upgrading to a newer version
should not be a problem either...

Cheers,

        Patrik