Hi Pedro,

After a disconnection I see the following on wpa_cli + list_networks:

So basically here you are accessing wpa_supplicant through the unix socket interface which means your instance of wpa_supplicant is started with that unix socket interface in addition of the DBus one connman uses,
so you probably load a conf file for wpa_supplicant on the way.

All in all this is wrong. Only DBus interface should be there and connman should be the only one in charge.

network id / ssid / bssid / flags
0       dlink   any     [DISABLED]
1       dlink   any

As there is a network, wpa_supplicant keeps scanning and connects succesfully,
but after several reconnect-disconnect loops we get the following:

network id / ssid / bssid / flags
0       dlink   any     [DISABLED]
1       dlink   any     [DISABLED]
2       dlink   any     [DISABLED]
3       dlink   any     [DISABLED]
4       dlink   any     [DISABLED]

So wpa_supplicant does not reconnects automatically since there are no networks
enabled.

ConnMan, while connecting, adds the network in wpa_supplicant, and once it disconnects: it removes it.
What you are seeing is due to how you run wpa_supplicant.

I've not seen this behaviour when using only wpa_supplicant. In that case the
network simply appears as this.

Using only wpa_supplicant is a totally different thing versus using ConnMan.

When using ConnMan, then it is the only one in charge of connecting/disconnecting and
all the control should go through its dbus interface only, and nothing else.

0       dlink   any

So my questions are, 1) why connman disables the networks and 2) how can we
disable that behaviour, since it is causing us great problems with several
customers.

1) ConnMan is in charge, thus does not care of any networks pre-configured in wpa_supplicant. The ones loaded from wpa_supplicant.conf I guess, which should not be loaded ever
(since it means you enable the unix socket interface as well then.)

2) You cannot disable this behavior.

The problem you are experiencing is actually not this.
It's connman not reconnecting automatically to any networks, am I right?

In that case let's review how you built connman and wpa_supplicant, how you configured connman (and not wpa_supplicant) etc... Because ConnMan is smart enough to drive wpa_supplicant in auto-scan, autoconnect, roam, and so on.

Br,

Tomasz