Hi Jussi,
Hi,

Now that we're talking about the online check... I've talked to people
who considered this behaviour "calling home" and thought it
unreasonable that
   a) it's not possible to prevent the online check from happening via
configuration and

Why would you prevent it to happen? This check is something extra anyway,
being "ready" means you are connected. In a way, people should not care too
much not seeing  there service being set to "online", since such check can't
be bullet-proof.

   b) it's not possible to set the checked URL in the configuration

Passi from Jolla already sent a patch last year:
https://lists.connman.net/pipermail/connman/2014-April/017033.html

Cheers,

Tomasz