From: connman [connman-boun...@connman.net] on behalf of Sven Schwedas
[sven.schwe...@tao.at]
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 5:10 PM
To: connman@connman.net
Subject: Re: Why do we really need Agent in ConnmanCtl ?

On 2015-09-08 13:33, Peter Meerwald wrote:
> Hello Abhijit,
>
>> Just wanted some information on, why there is a need to have agent in
>> between connmanctl and connman.
>> For prompting input for user, but why can't we feed the connman directly
>> with inputs like "passphrase" etc. ?
>
> the concept is called provisioning in connman's terms, see
> doc/config-format.txt: you can pre-configure a passphrase for a given SSID
> for example

Is there a reason why "agent on" is not enabled by default in
connmanctl, though? I can see why other front-ends will need their own
agents, but -ctl is only used standalone, is it not?

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwe...@tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at