Conservation Scientist

Part time (2/5)

Temporary: 7.5 months

Based at Hampton Court Palace

Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is the independent charity that looks after the
Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, the Banqueting House
Whitehall, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland. Across these
six sites we care for thousands of historic objects, many of them in their
original royal setting.  You'll have a real interest in our history, in the
buildings and their contents and be willing to help conserve them to the
standard they deserve: the best.

In this post you will be involved to the conservation science operations and
research projects that support the Conservation and Collection Management
department's annual and longer term programme of scientific investigations and
research. You will have a degree in a scientific discipline and a postgraduate
degree in a relevant subject. An awareness of the materials and analytical
science needed for the study, care and display of historic objects is
essential. Scientific background in the technical study of oil paintings on
canvas is desirable. Laboratory work experience, data processing and strong
practical computing experience are desirable. You will be an adaptable and
creative problem-solver who can work independently. You must be enthusiastic
and able to communicate effectively with people at all levels.  Experience in
the production and dissemination of information, both written and spoken, to
visitors, members and sponsors is essential.

Based at Hampton Court Palace you may be required to travel to our other
palaces on occasion.

Pay range: £29,921 (pro rata)

Closing date: Wednesday 26 September 2018

Interview date: Monday 1 October 2018

Find out more and apply by visiting www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment
Historic Royal Places is an equal opportunities employer and truly values a
diverse workforce. Applications are welcome from candidates regardless of their
background.

____________________________
Dr Constantina Vlachou-Mogire ACR
Senior Conservation Scientist

Conservation and Collection Care
Historic Royal Palaces
Hampton Court Palace
Surrey KT8 9AU
UK

T: +44(0)203166 6458
M: +44(0)7920138854
www.hrp.org.uk
Facebook |Twitter | YouTube

Historic Royal Palaces is a registered charity (No 1068852), correspondence
details, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU Historic Royal Palaces
Enterprises Ltd, a company registered in England (No 3418583) registered office
Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU.

******