HRP Heritage Science Scholarship

Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is funding a scholarship, which is open to
candidates accepted onto the UCL MRes in Science and Engineering in Art,
Heritage and Archaeology (SEAHA).
Over the two-year period the successful applicant will spend time studying
towards the MRes degree at UCL and with the HRP Conservation and Collection
Care department at Hampton Court Palace, carrying out scientific research to
support significant conservation projects such as the conservation of the
Rubens ceiling paintings at the Banqueting House. Heritage science is an
interdisciplinary research field encompasses all technological and scientific
work that can benefit the heritage sector.
The scholarship covers the course fees for a UK/EU student and a stipend of
UKP10,000 a year for living expenses. We are seeking an individual who
-Is enthusiastic about science
-Has strong intellectual abilities proven with the achievement of a good first
degree
-Plans to make a career in the UK heritage sector
-Has a passion for history and for communicating conservation and heritage
science to the public

Having completed the course, the graduate will be expected to seek employment
in the UK in the first instance.

We particularly welcome black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) applicants as
we consider that these groups are currently under-represented both in heritage
science and within our own organisation: we believe that there should be better
representation of our diverse society in this sector. HRP is committed to
building an organisation that truly values the differences in people.  We are
an equal opportunities employer and truly value a diverse workforce.

Deadline for applications: 16th June 2019

Please apply online through the UCL application system:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/taught/degrees/science-engineering-arts-heritage-archaeology-mres

Under funding, indicate "HRP scholarship". In your motivation letter, please
respond particularly to the above four selection criteria.

For more information please contact:

Dr Constantina Vlachou - Mogire, HRP Conservation Science Manager
Email: constantina.vlac...@hrp.org.uk, Tel: 020 3166 6458

Dr Josep Grau-Bove, MRes SEAHA Course Director
Email: josep.grau.b...@ucl.ac.uk

____________________________
Dr Constantina Vlachou-Mogire ACR
Senior Conservation Scientist

Conservation and Collection Care
Historic Royal Palaces
Hampton Court Palace
Surrey KT8 9AU
UK

T: +44(0)203166 6458
M: +44(0)7920138854
www.hrp.org.uk
Facebook |Twitter | YouTube

Historic Royal Palaces is a registered charity (No 1068852), correspondence
details, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU Historic Royal Palaces
Enterprises Ltd, a company registered in England (No 3418583) registered office
Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU.

******