Hi guys!
I need something like the build loop feature of CruiseControl:
"The Build Loop is designed to run as a daemon process which will
periodically check your source control tool for changes to your
codebase, build if necessary, and send out a notification regarding the
status of the build."
So before I start developing a plugin myself, does something like that
already exist or is being developed?

One hour is the default interval.  You can go to Schedules and
create/modify them.
Go to Project Group -> Build Definitions -> Edit then select the
schedule for that build.
Continuum will then check your repository for changes according to
that schedule.
If there are changes, continuum will use the build definitions to
build the project.  If there
are no changes, then builds will not be executed.

--
Robert Dale