Hi all,

We've been trying to set up Continuum and consequently we started
running some builds. It all worked nicely until the CVS server ran out
of inodes in its /tmp directory. It looks like it's not the normal
checkouts that people do that's causing this ... it appears to be
Continuum.

We tried a small build with Continuum and lo and behold: /tmp had a
new directory that was not deleted at the end of the checkout. So
we're fairly certain it's something Continuum related.

CVS creates a sort of cache directory (in /tmp) for each checkout (it
stores the CVS directories, not any of the files that are being
checked out) and this directory (and all of its *many* subdirectories)
are not being deleted. Apparently, it doesn't notice that the checkout
has finished. Something like a session not being closed. After three
days of this our server runs out of inodes and nothing works anymore.

Is this possible? Does Continuum have it's own built in CVS client?
Has anyone noticed anything like this?

We've created a cron job to remove these CVS directories from /tmp at
the end of the day so we have a workaround ... but *any* advice for a
better solution would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Hilco