On 02/05/2007, at 4:10 PM, Jesse McConnell wrote:

there was discussion on this on another thread on this list...but I
will reiterate here that I feel uncomfortable shoving big war files
and these alpha-1 artifacts into the main repository.  No one is
programming against these things in the main repository...we don't
even publish incremental snapshots of continuum that I know of during
development, so why shove all that stuff into the main repositories,
especially for an alpha release...the final artifacts I am all for,
but these alpha builds?

I don't object, I just don't understand why it would be any different from every other alpha thing in the repository :)

Personally, I see this as more of a milestone than an alpha release anyway.

Anyway, I think we can at least put it in /dist/. It's just nicer for downloaders/infra that they get a mirror.

as for updating the site, its on my list of things to do, but I
haven't tackled it yet, it might only take me a few minutes, but then
I haven't released a site at apache yet so...its on my list, just
haven't gotten there yet.

cool

I am set to try and get some time on continuum soon and release an
alpha-2 on May 21st....maybe we can make that one have more
announcement bits..

yep, at least [EMAIL PROTECTED] (probably not [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

- Brett