I was actually referring to working on adding ldap support to redback
itself, I am one of the developers on it.

as for the jpox plugin, I would think it would just provide the same
jpox functionality that we use with derby and postgres or whatever
rdbms we happen to have backing the jpox store.

with that we pretty much get ldap support in redback and by extension
continuum and archiva for free (albeit with a bit of metadata
tweakage)

erik, what kinda changes are we talking about metadata wise?  do you
have docs on this yet?  if you want to look at the package.jdo we are
using, its in here:

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/redback/redback-users-jdo/1.0-alpha-1/redback-users-jdo-1.0-alpha-1.jar

jesse