Emmanuel Venisse schrieb:

Christian Schulte a écrit :

Emmanuel Venisse schrieb:

Can you describe your directory structure, your modules definition and the url you use to add your project?

Emmanuel

REPOROOT
|--ROOT
|----pom.xml
|--MODULE1
|----pom.xml
|--MODULE2
|----pom.xml

Just directories below REPOROOT. Inside of ROOT/pom.xml I have:

<scm>
<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs:somepath1/somepath2/somepath3/REPOROOT/</connection> <developerConnection>scm:cvs:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs:somepath1/somepath2/somepath3/REPOROOT/</developerConnection> <url>http://somehost/viewcvs/somepath1/somepath2/somepath3/REPOROOT</url>
</scm>

Why do you don't have ROOT/ at the end of your urls? yours scm urls aren't url of ROOT project, but urls of REPOROOT

Hmm. Because things completely stop working if I do so. I added ROOT/ to the scm url in ROOT/pom.xml. Now continuum starts building the ROOT project but all others fail since the relative urls are not appended correctly to the cvs commandline. It does not honour the ../ for all cvs commands it executes.

21212715 [Thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm - Command output: cvs server: cannot find module `somepath1/somepath2/somepath3/REPOROOT/ROOT/MODULE1' - ignored
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules

and

<modules>
 <module>../MODULE1</module>
 <module>../MDOULE2</module>
</modules>

it's ok

When I upload ROOT/pom.xml I am using an URL like:

http://somehost/viewcvs/*checkout*/somepath1/somepath2/somepath3/REPOROOT/ROOT/pom.xml

it's ok

Continuum now starts to download the referenced poms and also does the checkouts. No problems so far. When it then starts building ROOT it cannot find pom.xml inside REPOROOT. So in the gui I manually specify the relative path to the pom.xml of ROOT to be ROOT/pom.xml but this change has no effect. Continuum continues to access the pom inside REPOROOT instead of REPOROOT/ROOT. When I now cd into the working-directory and create a link so that REPOROOT/pom.xml links to REPOROOT/ROOT/pom.xml continuum seems to start working.

add ROOT/ in your scm urls.

I tried it and indeed the root module starts working. So there is a problem with the cvs commands executed by continuum. Fetching the poms over http via ViewCVS does work but then it does not propagate the relative path to the cvs commands it executes. So when I do not add the ROOT/ to the scm url things start working somehow but continuum refuses to use my relative path setting I specify in the gui for the root pom. I must admit I think you are right and the correct way would be to add ROOT/ to the scm url. Things would work that way if continuum would propagate the module structure through to the cvs commands it executes. So the problem seems to be somewhere in the cvs code of continuum. As said, the checkout via viewcvs works but is inconsistent with the module structure used with the cvs commands where it does not honour ../ correctly.

--
Christian