Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> why you don't run mvn release:prepare release:perform ?
>
> if release:prepare failed, release:perform won't run.

Right, first I wasn't sure if this would work as expected.  Second, I
was wondering about how to handle the text-input part of
release:prepare, since Maven2 requires inputting a tag name and pre/post
version numbers.   I'm guessing I can pass those values as parameters
but I don't know a good way to retrieve the maven2 version numbers, pass
them back, increment, etc.

> What do you mean by cleanup work area?

"mvn release:prepare" leaves behind a file called "release.properties"
which I wanted to make sure would be removed from the build work area no
matter if release:prepare or release:perform fail.

alex