I don't know Clearcase, but it seems it can't contact the server :

albd_contact call failed: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = [WINSOCK]
Connection reset by peer

cleartool: Error: Unable to contact albd_server on host 'xpw-mwaluk1'

cleartool: Error: Cannot bind an admin_server handle on "xpw-mwaluk1":
ClearCase object not found.

Emmanuel

Michael Waluk a écrit :
Hi,
I'm trying to use Continuum 1.0.3 with Clearcase.  In my pom.xml I have
specified the location of my config spec like this:

This looks like the example at http://maven.apache.org/scm/clearcase.html and
it is the dynamic config spec on the VOB server.   I've also tried creating
a . But when Continuum tries to build it looks like it is trying to connect
to the very same machine I am running it on.  Is that an indication that it
doesn't like the value I gave it in the pom.xml?  Should it start with
file:///Xpw-rebuild101 or something like that in URL format (it's windows if
that matters)?

I see in the console that it is trying this:
cleartool mkview -snapshot -tag Michael.Waluk-xpw-mwaluk1-maven-13-vws
\\xpw-mwaluk1\viewstore\Michael.Waluk-xpw-mwaluk1-maven-13.vws<file://xpw-mwaluk1/viewstore/Michael.Waluk-xpw-mwaluk1-maven-13.vws>C:\java_sw\continuum-
1.0.3\apps\continuum\working-di
rectory\13

I tried giving another location as the view-name like this too:
<scm><connection>scm:clearcase:*rebuild_delta_6.1_int.vws:*
\\Xpw-rebuild101\rebuild_delta_6.1_int.vws\config_spec</connection></scm>
but it had no effect.

I have also tried placing a clearcase-settings.xml file in my home
directory's .scm directory.  It contains this:

<clearcase-settings>
   <viewstore>\\xpw-rebuild101\viewstore</viewstore>
</clearcase-settings>

I figured this might force Continuum to work there, but it didn't make a
difference.  I get the error below no matter what I put in the pom it
seems.  I would love to use Continuum with Clearcase (we use UCM VOBs) but
maybe it isn't fully implemented for Clearcase yet?  Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
- Michael

Build Error:

Provider message: The cleartool command failed.

Command output:

albd_contact call failed: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = [WINSOCK]
Connection reset by peer

cleartool: Error: Unable to contact albd_server on host 'xpw-mwaluk1'

cleartool: Error: Cannot bind an admin_server handle on "xpw-mwaluk1":
ClearCase object not found.

cleartool: Error: Unable to create view "*
\\xpw-mwaluk1\viewstore\Michael.Waluk-xpw-mwaluk1-maven-1.vws*<file://xpw-mwaluk1/viewstore/Michael.Waluk-xpw-mwaluk1-maven-1.vws>
".