Hi Barrie,

Barrie Treloar wrote:
And it does not help me to make continuum run in batch.

I'm not suggesting to run continuum in batch.

I have been mistaken. What I wanted to say is that it does not help me to get mvn to work in batch-mode (from the command line) since it is a problem with an ant project.
And the problem occurs with the cvs update command.

What I am saying is that you should be able to run the same mvn
command as continuum does.  When you that command it should not prompt
for any information and complete correctly (i.e in a batch mode).
There is no point trying to go any further until you can run the exact
command that continuum would run on the command line yourself.

But you are completely right to first try the same things that continuum does from the command line. After preparing the ssh key files the cvs update command worked without prompting for a password and so the whole build in continuum worked, too.

Ok. I got this to work by using ssh keyfiles.

But what are the username and password fields in the web interface good
for? Can they only be used for pserver connections?

Which screen is this?

It is on the "Update Continuum Project" page. The path is
/continuum/servlet/continuum/target/Edit.vm
You get there with
Show Projects -> "choose a project from the list" -> Edit

Best regards
Achim