for the record I think it was determined on irc the other day that
initial import works off of module name but the updating was based on
artifact Id...which causes a problem for some people who maintain
different directory/artifactid combinations.

jesse

On 8/17/06, Christian Edward Gruber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jesse McConnell wrote:
> well first off, you shouldn't need the SCM sections in the child poms,
> maven uses the name of the module in the parent pom to determine how
> to check out the children

Does it use the module name, or the artifactId?  It used to append the
artifactId on the end, which royally screwed me up trying to use a
parent scm url.  I must have missed the change to the SCM component.  In
my case, we simply implemented an SCM tag in each sub-project.
Irritating, but it worked.

Christian.

--
jesse mcconnell