From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 11:29 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Settings.xml not being recognized by Continuum

Continuum is running as a service, but there's always a user associated
with it.

On Windows, your service is probably running as "Local Service" which
means the user is Administrator. Or you can specify the user in the
Services configuration.

On Linux, the service is probably owned by root, unless you've set up
a local user and group to own/run the service (which is a good
practice).

Wayne

On 3/1/07, Jo Vandermeeren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> You can start continuum as a service or via the command line
interface.
> Check who is running the continuum service, and simply put the
> settings.xmlfile in the ".m2" directory relative to that user's home
> directory.
> I have no other way of explaining it, it's just like that..
>
> Good luck
> Jo
>
> On 3/1/07, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi.  I am running Continuum as a service.  I put in active profile
into
> > the settings.xml.  I put this into ~/.m2/settings.xml,
maven_home/conf,
> > but no success.  How else can I start Continuum and have this work?
> > Please help.

Continuum