I've searched the web for Kenny, version, maven-dev, maven-user and my
closest article is this:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Versioning?showComments=true#comm
ents
by Kenney Westerhof

Are you referring to this article?
If there are other articles that have interested you, could you please
provide a link. Many thanks.

> if your interested in contributing to this effort, I would take a look
> there for places to help out.

Ok thanks for the tips.

> the fundamental problem your dealing with is that 1.2.3 is a released
> version to most people...and the -SNAPSHOT and timestamped version are
> for development purposes...

Yes, 1.2.3 is good for users and it should be that way from the user's
perspective of releases, but maven should also accommodate the
developer's niche by standardizing the way to view builds.

Best regards,
Johan