Hi,
in
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html
#Example_4 there is an example for a multi module environment.

Namely Example 4
I have a structure similar to
.
 |-- my-module
 |   `-- pom.xml
 `-- parent
     `-- pom.xml

In the Maven docu they say I just need to add follwoing to the
parent/pom.xml

<project>
  <parent>
    <groupId>com.mycompany.app</groupId>
    <artifactId>my-app</artifactId>
    <version>1</version>
    <relativePath>.../parent/pom.xml</relativePath>
  </parent>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <artifactId>my-module</artifactId>
</project>

I'm not sure if this works with continuum.
First: is it their aim that there are three dots?
Second: Will this work, cause continuum has another directory structure
with IDs in the path.
For example:
.
 |-- 12
 |    `-- my-module
 |       `-- pom.xml
 |-- 9
     `-- parent
         `-- pom.xml

So I'm wondering if the relativePath notation works or if this only
relates to the structure inside the SCM. Additionally, it's possible
that the ids change, I simply do not want to hardcode the pathes.

Nevertheless, I tried with the example 4 and I get a two-step continuum
error:
The first is an error
---------------------------------------
        org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutionException:
Error executing action 'update-project-from-working-directory'
                at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.perfor
mAction(DefaultBuildController.java:443)
                at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
DefaultBuildController.java:148)
                at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
                at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
orRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
                at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter
.call(Executors.java:442)
                at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask
.java:176)
                at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
                at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
        Caused by:
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException:
Error while mapping metadata:add.project.validation.error
        add.project.project.building.error
        add.project.unknown.error

                at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.upda
teProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:168)
                at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectory
ContinuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction
.java:75)
                at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.perfor
mAction(DefaultBuildController.java:417)
                ... 8 more

---------------------------------------
The second is a failure:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
----
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot execute mojo: clean. It requires a project with an
existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: &lt; 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 15 11:52:36 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M
[INFO]

Greetings
Manuel