I've tried following the instructions given
http://maven.apache.org/continuum/documentation/1_1/installation/upgrade.html
here  to convert my 1.0.3 database to 1.1, but none of it makes very much
sense in the context of my existing 1.0.3 directory structure:

1. There aren't two databases, only one.
2. The jdbc:derby:${old.continuum.home}/data/continuum/database and
jdbc:derby:${old.continuum.home}/data/users/database parameters provided
don't match my structure.
3. The section entitled Specific steps to do before to import also make no
sense: I cannot trace the builds.xml file under backup directory in my
structure.

Am I missing something here?