On Jan 15, 2008 12:29 PM, Mick Knutson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been running derby almost file. But when I bounce Tomcat, the
> db.lckfiles are not removed, thus giving me an error when I re-start
> Tomcat as the
> DB is already in use, which it is not. It is only because the lck files are
> still present.
>
> When I delete those 2 files, then re-start tomcat, everything is fine.

So you've mentioned.  And this seems to happen when using embedded
Derby.  The suggestion, then, is to use a standalone database.  Derby
Network Server is one of the options, since your preferred choice of
Oracle 10g doesn't work.

Here's the page I mentioned earlier.  Adjust as necessary...
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archiva+User+DB+on+Derby+Network+Server

--
Wendy