Hi Kyla (and other colleagues),

I'd meant to reply sooner but... anyway... I like your thinking!

I've been jotting down dances for a similar purpose over the past few
months, since I started looking to submit something for the Virtual New
England Folk Festival 2020.

While you've targeted a single dancer, I chose to target two. To me, the
investment in dances suitable for two could last past the current
environment - for situations like the small crowd/slow start and tapering
crowd hot night, etc. Otherwise the reasoning/criteria I kept in mind was:

   - Work/flow well for two dancers, acceptably for a single (imagine a
   partner); good for 3 or more dancers = bonus points
   - Use moves known to contra dancers or easily explained in contra-style
   terms; have a contra "feel" to them
   - Fit in/be adaptable to an "at home" space
   - Minimize need to visualize motion or placement of dancers not present
   - so, for instance, a hey should start with passing PNR; NBR Swings avoided
   - Enjoyable for 6-8 repetitions with tapering prompts, as allowing for
   crowd
   - Cover a range of difficulty, but no expectation of being a true
   "beginner" dance (bonus points if it did and was still interesting)
   - As much variety as possible within the other constraints (the real
   challenge!)
   -
   - Bonus points for positional calling suitability (fairly easy to
   achieve, it turns out)
   - Bonus points if suitable to a future scatter mixer variation.

For my own purposes, I've been thinking of this series of dances as
"Co-Contras" (as in two/ cooperating/ happening together - near or far).

I've included several of mine so far below. Would love to see what other
choreographers might come up with in a similar vein!

-Don

*The Spaniard's Latte (To Go) - 2 to 4 person set dance - Don Veino*
Sequence matched to the tune "La Sansonette" by Dominque Forges.

Starts facing your partner or in a ring of 3 to 4 dancers. Adapt styling to
ECD or contra as needed.

*A1* Set to Partner (or Ring Balance), Twirl Right 1 place (a la
Petronella);
Set to Partner (or Ring Balance), Twirl Right 1 place

*A2* (4) Facing Partner, Fall Back separately then (4) Forward into a
Hole-in-the-Wall Style Cross (into PNR spot);
(4) Facing Partner, Fall Back then (4) Forward into a Hole-in-the-Wall
Style Cross (into PNR spot)
[if more than 2 dancers, adapt the HitW crosses so everyone passes on
tangent in center and ends on opposite side facing in]

*B1* Left Shoulder Siding with Partner [if more than 2, go forward on right
diag into NBR's spot & back];
Right Gypsy PNR 1+1/2x (to face away/out on opposite side)
[if 3-4 dancers, this will be a Right Hand Star to fill the phrase, 1+x
around]

*B2* Large Loop/Turn Single Left back to face PNR;
Partner CW Two-Hand Turn 1+1/2x
[if more than 2 dancers, Circle Left instead of 2H Turn to fill the phrase,
1+x around, to where you land]

See video presentation with music performed by Julie Metcalf! and Max
Newman! at
https://vimeopro.com/newenglandfolk/virtual-neffa-participatory/video/411417241
or on my YouTube channel.

*Sourdough Starter - Co-Contra - Don Veino*
*A1* Down the Hall 2-in-Line, California Twirl
Up the Hall 2-in-Line, California Twirl

*A2* Circle Left, Right

*B1* Star Right, Left

*B2* Loop Single Right (away from PNR & back to PNR)
PNR Swing

*Infectious Energy - Co-Contra - Don Veino*
*A1* PNR RH Balance, Box the Gnat
PNR Dosido

*A2* PNR LH Balance, Swat the Flea
PNR SeeSaw

*B1* PNR 2-Hand Balance, Petronella
PNR 2-Hand Balance, Petronella

*B2* PNR Balance & Swing

*Together in Spirit - Co-Contra - Don Veino*
*A1* Down the Hall 2-in-Line, California Twirl
Up the Hall 2-in-Line, California Twirl & take other hand too, face PNR

*A2* PNR 2-Hand Balance, Petronella
PNR 2-Hand Balance, Petronella

*B1* Circle Left, Right

*B2* PNR Balance & Swing

*Joy Division - Co-Contra - Don Veino*
*A1* Forward & Back to PNR, PNR Right Shoulder Around (end backing out
slightly, wherever music puts you)

*A2* Forward & Back to PNR, PNR Right Shoulder Around (to wherever music
puts you) - give LH to PNR

*B1* PNR Allemande Left 1+1/2x
Pull By Left & Big Loop Single Right (OR Allemande Right)

*B2* PNR Dosido & Swing

*New Order - Co-Contra - Don Veino*
*A1* PNR Allemande Left 1+1/2x, Circle Left & Flatten to Wave/2

*A2* Wave Balance Right & Left, Twirl Right
Wave Balance Left & Right, Twirl Left

*B1* RH to PNR, Contra Corners (LH w/Ghosts)

*B2* PNR Balance & Swing

*Masked Compassion - Co-Contra - Don Veino*
*A1* Lines/2 Forward & Back (a la Up a Double in ECD) & Turn 180 deg to
face opposite direction on way back
Lines/2 Forward & Back & face PNR on way back

*A2* Full "Hey": pass PNR Right, Loop Left, pass PNR Right, Loop Left
to a Wave of 2 (PNR RH)

*B1* Wave Balance Right & Left, Twirl Right
Wave Balance Left & Right, Twirl Left

*B2* PNR Balance & Swing

*Stretch & Fold - Co-Contra - Don Veino*
*A1* PNR LH Balance, Swat the Flea
PNR RH Balance, Box the Gnat

*A2* PNR Dosido 1+1/2x, Left Shoulder 'Round Ghost 1x

*B1* RH to PNR, Contra Corners (Ghost Corners)

*B2* PNR Right Shoulder 'Round, Swing

*Can You Spare A Roll? - Co-Contra - Don Veino*Starts in "Swing End"
position, facing same direction as PNR

*A1* Lines/2 Forward & Left Dancer Rolls Right Dancer on way Back
Lines/2 Forward & Left Dancer Rolls Right Dancer on way Back [so roll
positions swap] (keep last connection)

*A2* Face PNR, Connected Hand Balance, Twirl to Swap (dancer using LH go
under) [a.k.a. Star Thru]
Take Opp. Hand w/PNR, Connected Hand Balance, Twirl to Swap (same dancer,
using RH, go under)

*B1* PNR Balance & Swing

*B2* PNR Allemande Left 1+1/2x, Circle Left & open to face same direction
as PNR (note who's on Left, Right)

*Sanitizer Shuffle - Co-Contra - Don Veino*
Starts facing PNR "across the hall"

*A1* Single Sashay Left and Right
Single Sashay Right and Left

*A2* PNR Allemande Right 1+1/2x, Pass PNR for Big Loop Single Over Left
Shoulder

*B1* PNR Dosido, Swing (end facing "up or down")

*B2* Full Figure 8, end facing PNR "across"