A welcome consequence of Robert Fabinski’s inquiry was an email that I received
this morning from David Smukler, reminding me of the dual history of the
"unknown” triplet on Robert’s list. It is “Corner Triplet,” written by the late
Linda Leslie, to whom I was married for many years. But the dance is also
“David’s Triplet 1.5,” as it was independently written by David Smukler. I
remember Linda and David talking together, years ago (at the Ralph Page Dance
Legacy Weekend, I believe), about how each of them separately devised the
dance. I’m not surprised that two skilled and thoughtful dance choreographers
dreamed up the same dance. This triplet is simple, elegant, enjoyable, and
serves as a superb tool for teaching the once-familiar “contra corners” figure.
When I call this dance, I give it both titles, and credit both authors. …
Robert Golder